In order to ensure that a large number of people from the community can take part in solving important issues of state and public life, following the long-standing practice of wise predecessors in governing the country and adhering to their wise teachings, reinforcing solidarity and unity among the population, and further perfecting the accomplishments in developing national democracy as well as properly conducting the meeting of the Khalk Maslakhaty of Turkmenistan – the higher representative body of the interests of the citizens of Turkmenistan, the Presidium of the Khalk Maslakhaty of Turkmenistan has decided:
1. To convene the next assembly of the Khalk Maslakhaty of Turkmenistan on September 24, 2023 and to hold it in the Palace «Maslakhat köşgi» in Ashgabat city.
2. To form an organizing committee to ensure that the meeting of the Khalk Maslakhaty of Turkmenistan is conducted properly.
3. To approve:
1) The members of the organizing committee to properly conduct the meeting of the Khalk Maslakhaty of Turkmenistan;
2) The procedure for electing representatives from the public to the Khalk Maslakhaty of Turkmenistan, nominated by the Khalk Maslakhaty of velayats and Ashgabat city.
3. The Khalk Maslakhaty of velayats and Ashgabat city should, in accordance with the election procedure set out in the third section of this Resolution, submit to the headquarters of the Khalk Maslakhaty a list of public representatives elected to the Khalk Maslakhaty of Turkmenistan from velayats and Ashgabat city by September 1, 2023.
4. The headquarters of the Khalk Maslakhaty, in cooperation with the Mejlis of Turkmenistan, should provide organizational and methodological support to the offices of the Khalk Maslakhaty in velayats, etraps and cities in the work related to the preparation and conduct of the meeting of the Khalk Maslakhaty of Turkmenistan and coordinate these activities.
Chairman of the Khalk Maslakhaty of Turkmenistan
July 18, 2023, Ashgabat.